Knäredssågen_Loggo

Bernt Dyrebo former known as Andersson, did in the middle of the 1940´s buy land in Dyreborg where he build and ran a small sawmill with 6-7 employees.

 

The sawmill did only consist of a sawing bench with a circle blade, which was typical for the 1940´s, due to the great demands of SJ-slipers this became their main product.

 

Dyrebo sold the sawmill in the beginning of the 1950´s to The Forestownersociety, however, as a result of unprofitability they had to shut down a couple of years later.

 

Although, 1969 Bo Mårtensson from Veinge became the sawmills new owner, he changed the name to Knäredssågen and started to expand. He built bigger premises and new modern machines.

 

Mårtenssons good business sense increased the profitability and 1981 his sons started to work there as well, Ingemar with the administration and Håkan with the production.

 

In the early 1990's began construction of a new sawmill.

Bo Mårtensson died 20 December 1998.

 

Today the sawmill is driven by Ingemar and Håkan together with the third generation, and about 10 employees.

 

 

© Copyright J.Mårtensson

Knäredssågen AB • Sjöaredsvägen 64 • 312 51 Knäred • tel. +46 430 50910 • fax +46 430 50858 • e-post. info@sawmill.se